Thursday, March 19, 2015

MY LOOK UP STORY OF HOPE AND OPTIMISM

Everyone has a story to tell, a story about faith, optimism and hope. We don't know how our future would be, but we are moving forward with hope and optimism, expecting for a better future. In addition to these, we should have determination and plannings to clear the mist around our future.

When looking back to my past, I can also see the moments filled optimism and hope. Those moments have important role in making me and my life a lot better. In this blog post, I am sharing about a moment or a turning point which influenced life in a positive way.

This is a flashback and happened about six years ago. I was enjoying a long summer vacation after tenth class. I was a bad learner and hence I hadn't any expectations in Tenth class results. But in my society, people considered Tenth class as a pride war. Every parents want their son or daughter to secure at least a distinction. In my case, parents only wanted me to pass the examination because they had clear idea about my learning abilities.

One day, the tenth class results came out. I passed all subjects and secured second class with 57 percent. My parents neither appreciated nor accused me. My parents have no problems so why me, I thought. Things changed when I went out after the D day. People started to enquire about my marks and my response always made them to look me with deep sympathy. My neighbours declared I wouldn't pass plus two.

The society forced me to feel guilty. I wished if I had at least a first class. This guilt feeling made me to think unwanted thoughts. As usual, my mum spotted on the psychological changes in me. Yes, all mothers have this ability, the sense to find even the slightest changes in their children.

My mom urged me to ignore the people around and show others what I can in plus two. I never forget that moment because by saying show what you can my mom injected a huge amount of motivation in my blood. I felt hope and optimism. I realised Tenth class is not a final chapter, things just started.

That moment insisted me to take new resolutions. As a result, I changed my strategy in learning. I started to hear lectures carefully (for the first time). I found two hours daily to study. My parents amazed to see my changes. Planning and determination made me confident.

Two years later, plus two results came out. I secured a distinction with 87 per cent marks. I wasn't surprised because I expected that result, but the people around me were shell shocked. People who declared I wouldn't pass came out to praise me. A moment, a motivational talk turned around my life. I understood the power of hope and optimism.

Look up stories are not ending here, check this link.

Image credit: Pixabay

0 comments:

Post a Comment